Skip to main content

Everytime (Punch + Chen)


 "Oh, Everytime, I see you...."


That's all. That's truly all it takes to drive my mind out of my cosy body and push it over the cliff into the amazing world of Descendants of the sun.

DOTS was my first Korean drama and I loved every pixel of its aesthetic and wallpaper-ish scenery, every syllable of its mind-blowing dialogues and of course, every decibel of its soundtrack. It doesn't surprise me at all that DOTS owns one of the most famous soundtracks with each masterpiece in it fitting every single stage of love, friendship, heartbreak and above all, fairy tales...


I figured what confessions mean through Always, being in love was taught by You are my everything; and a lot of other songs showed me a diversity in the shades of tender feelings. But, above all Everytime canvasses the stage one of love: falling for someone.

That's the beauty of songs, you understand human emotions in a beautiful technique; minus the hassle and plus a melody.

Everytime is filmed for exhibiting the initial stages of the blossoming amity (or love) in the series. Their first sight of each other, their first conversation and everything else over which I swoon like an idiot who has sacrificed her heart over someone else's love story. It has those cute vibes, the nervous flutter of heart and an overall cheeky tune which we've all heard playing inside our mind whenever we brush past someone we like in a deserted corridor. Crushing mode on! 


Chen and Punch have accomplished the most perfect duo. Punch lays the foundation of the song with her trademark lyrical. Chen has the best suited voice which carries this euphony to the heights of adrenaline and ecstasy. Nothing; except maybe, playing the song again, can make you happier as you take in its grace.

Insert: Captain Yoo's mischievous smile when the Korean lyrics go-
When you look at me,
When you look at me and smile
It feels like my heart will stop...


The lyrics define me while watching this delighting journey. An uphill battle which promises a love story, a fairy tale in itself.

P.S.- I ain't a pro at lip singing. But, count me in for chiming in with you at the part where Punch goes, "Baby, Oh Oh Oh Oh!"

Comments

  1. Now I am going and binge watch DOTS for the song again ✨✨

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As K-dramaholic, a trigger is all it takes to to binge watch...😂

      Delete
  2. They are soo cute together!DOTS is my first k drama ! All I wanted to do is to be in their world's ! It's such a fantastic story and everything is beaded so perfectly! I love every minute of that drama����( I can't overload this comment with my emotions) ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All DOTS fans share empathy links, I can feel your overflowing dam of emotions!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Whole New World

A Whole New World by Brad Kane and Lea Salonga  © Universal Music Publishing Group My only wish? I want my prince to show me all the wonders in the world while we fly a date. An addition: We need to sing this one! This song literally leaves me speechless each time I hear it. It gives me shivers till my hair get raised. An excellent original by Disney, ' A whole new world ' breaks all the rules of breathtaking and rises my expectations for music and love. Not a girly one, nor a macho-sided one; this is the perfect duet with high couple goals. The music video shows traces of an exciting friendship which turns into a great melody with the help of 90s animation. Jasmine (a lonely princess who's never seen the world outside her palace) hesitates to join Aladdin as he tries to display the world in front of her. Her curiosity changes to a buzzing confidence as Jasmine reciprocates Aladdin's feelings by singing with him. And soon, it's pure and clear love

Proud Corazón

© Universal Music Publishing Group I love Coco . It's one of the premium category movies in the shelf of my mind. I would actually be more surprised if I did not adore it. •It has a great and soul-satisfying tale. •It has an awesome animation (which means lots of colours, Yay!) •The characters connect to my being, somewhere within the folds of my heart. And to top this treat, we have great songs. There isn't a single song which is ill-placed or something. I'm grateful to everyone who worked on Coco 's soundtrack and made it my favourite musical. And trust me, I'm not a huge fan of musicals (though they're definitely neat). Coco is a based on Mexican culture and showcases the tradition of Dia de Muertos (The Day of the Dead). I won't give any spoilers (and, that's not the purpose of this write-up anyway), but I highly recommend watching this delicious Disney production. If it's your ideal type, you'll love every second of it!