Skip to main content

A Whole New World

A Whole New World by Brad Kane and Lea Salonga
 © Universal Music Publishing Group


My only wish? I want my prince to show me all the wonders in the world while we fly a date. An addition: We need to sing this one!

This song literally leaves me speechless each time I hear it. It gives me shivers till my hair get raised. An excellent original by Disney, 'A whole new world ' breaks all the rules of breathtaking and rises my expectations for music and love.

Not a girly one, nor a macho-sided one; this is the perfect duet with high couple goals. The music video shows traces of an exciting friendship which turns into a great melody with the help of 90s animation.

Jasmine (a lonely princess who's never seen the world outside her palace) hesitates to join Aladdin as he tries to display the world in front of her. Her curiosity changes to a buzzing confidence as Jasmine reciprocates Aladdin's feelings by singing with him. And soon, it's pure and clear love.

I could see the feelings blossom where their respective fantasies joined. His- to be with her and her- to see the beauty of this wonderful world. The luscious romance leaves me stunned, each time...


The lyrical is so believable and relatable. Once you have this on your tongue, you can't help but sing along the magical words.

Aladdin (Voiced by Brad Kane) requests Jasmine to let go her responsibilities for a while and to follow her heart...

Yes, Aladdin. I will hop on if you ask me...(Please, ignore this. To make matters worse, he smiles his dazzling smile throughout the song.) 

The listener can feel the bewitching tune capturing their mind as Aladdin allures towards a radiant world. At this point, I can't resist the song.

Jasmine (Voiced by Lea Salonga) chimes in at this perfect point. In doing so, she declares her own feelings for him. And then, there's no stopping. The song reaches a point where it has to be enjoyed, not described.

In a few words and pixels,

I literally choked on my smile when she uttered '...Soaring, tumbling, freewheeling, through an endless diamond sky...' An unknown happiness grasped me.

And then, I fell in love...
While flying in my mind and the song on my lips, I felt love for happiness. Or was it the other way round?



P.S.- Yes, I know that there's also a Zayn Malik version, but I won't draw any comparisons. I liked sticking to the version which felt most electrifying. 


Special thanks to Chinmayee for helping me out with her fabulous graphic skills. Your artwork is the queen, Queen.

Comments

  1. I love this song already and now I love it more!!! Chinmayee's artwork is incomparable ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so well-written! The duo Brad Kane and Lea Salonga is really adorable💙Now this song is added to my playlist 🎶 Chinmayee's artistry is superb🖌️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Disney originals are so adorable! You can imagine yourself on a magic carpet if you close your eyes and jam the tune .😊

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Proud Corazón

© Universal Music Publishing Group I love Coco . It's one of the premium category movies in the shelf of my mind. I would actually be more surprised if I did not adore it. •It has a great and soul-satisfying tale. •It has an awesome animation (which means lots of colours, Yay!) •The characters connect to my being, somewhere within the folds of my heart. And to top this treat, we have great songs. There isn't a single song which is ill-placed or something. I'm grateful to everyone who worked on Coco 's soundtrack and made it my favourite musical. And trust me, I'm not a huge fan of musicals (though they're definitely neat). Coco is a based on Mexican culture and showcases the tradition of Dia de Muertos (The Day of the Dead). I won't give any spoilers (and, that's not the purpose of this write-up anyway), but I highly recommend watching this delicious Disney production. If it's your ideal type, you'll love every second of it!

Everytime (Punch + Chen)

 "Oh, Everytime, I see you...." That's all. That's truly all it takes to drive my mind out of my cosy body and push it over the cliff into the amazing world of Descendants of the sun . DOTS was my first Korean drama and I loved every pixel of its aesthetic and wallpaper-ish scenery, every syllable of its mind-blowing dialogues and of course, every decibel of its soundtrack. It doesn't surprise me at all that DOTS owns one of the most famous soundtracks with each masterpiece in it fitting every single stage of love, friendship, heartbreak and above all, fairy tales... I figured what confessions mean through Always , being in love was taught by You are my everything ; and a lot of other songs showed me a diversity in the shades of tender feelings. But, above all Everytime canvasses the stage one of love: falling for someone. That's the beauty of songs, you understand human emotions in a beautiful technique; minus the hassle and plus a melody. Everytime